Sunday, March 29, 2009

Couponing 101

Last night the big guy and I went on a date. We debated the merits of movies, mallwalking or just going home and vegging. But I had a plan. We were going to play the coupon game!

I had read a couple of couponing blogs with tips on saving a ton of money at Target, so off we went.

I got a great big jar of Pace Picante Sauce...for free!

Oh, and 2 cans of Campbells Cream of Chicken soup.

It took us 1 1/2 hours of wandering around Target to size up the bargains and save over $18. And for the most part, it was all stuff we needed or would use in the near future. Except maybe the Cheetos. We didn't really need those.

By the end, Larry was tired of playing and asked me if Target sold chairs. At first I thought he was hit by the decorating bug, then realized he was just looking for a place to sit down.

I then dragged him across the street to WalMart. We saved another $8 plus there.

When you factor in how much dinner cost at the 99, I think the date cost us about $2o. Not bad! Somehow, I can't picture us adopting this as our Friday night ritual.

No comments: